- Event Start Date April 20, 2018
MBSR instructor Dr. Susan Stone is offering an experience-based, interactive workshop, “Mindfulness, Compassion and Difficult Emotions,” at Yogaville in Buckingham County, VA, from April 20 – 22 (about 1 hour and 20 minutes from Charlottesville). The focus will be on working with difficult emotions in order to live in the present moment with love, acceptance, and peace. Participants will:
· Learn time-tested mindfulness and compassion practices as means of coping with difficult emotions
· Learn to develop a more wholesome, kinder relationship with your critical inner voice
· Explore why it is essential to hold difficult emotions with compassion
· Be able to take these powerful practices home so that they can support you long-term in your daily life.
The program is appropriate for newcomers to mindfulness, as well as experienced practitioners. Individual conferences with Susan will be available.
In-house/residential and streaming options: The program will be offered at Yogaville as a two-night, weekend residential program as well as streaming for those who wish to participate from remote locations.
Please note: In order to register, you must be able to be present to difficult emotions as they arise.