- Event Time 2:00 pm-3:00 pm
- Event Start Date March 23, 2017
SAMHSA and the Bringing Recovery Supports to Scale Technical Assistance Center Strategy (BRSS TACS) team are hosting Recovery LIVE!, where participants engage directly with moderators and each other through live chatting, polls, and other interactive features.
Peer support workers provide services that add unique value to behavioral health services. They use their lived experience and specialized training to guide, support, and educate people in or seeking recovery. However, many misconceptions remain about their efficacy and value, which hinders the expansion of these vital services.
Presenters will share how they have made the case for peer support services to audiences ranging from funders to behavioral health systems and discuss tools that can help convey the benefits of hiring peers.
- Joe Powell, President, Association of Persons Affected by Addiction (APAA) Recovery
- Elaine Slaton, Senior Associate, Center for Social Innovation
- Lyn Legere, Recovery Educator, Promise Resource Network
- Moderated by Steven Samra, Associate, Center for Social Innovation