- Event Time 2:00 pm-3:00 pm
- Event Start Date April 26, 2017
Peer-run Respites: Effective Alternatives to Hospitals
Webinar: April 26, 2017, 2 pm
Leaders of Peer-run Respites from around the country will provide an overview of Peer-run Respites and how they voluntarily engage people and offer a continuity of care which is often unavailable with traditional care and hospitalization. Success stories will be shared, along with reports from the latest research on Peer-run Respite effectiveness.
Sponsored by SAMHSA and presented by the National Coalition for Mental Health Recovery.
- Steve Miccio – Executive Director, Projects to Empower and Organize the Psychiatrically Labeled, Inc. (PEOPLe, Inc.)
- Bevin Croft, M.A., M.P.P., Human Services Research Institute
- Daniel B. Fisher, MD, Ph.D. – Chief Executive Officer, National Empowerment Center, Inc.
- Jayme Lynch – Director of First Peer Support and Wellness Center in Decatur, GA
- Camille Dennis – Program Coordinator, SHARE! (the Self-Help and Recovery Exchange)
- Faith Boersma – Wisconsin Peer-Run Respites
- Roslind Hayes – Statewide Coordinator of the Georgia Peer Support, Wellness and Respite Centers (PSWRC)
- Oryx Cohen, MPA