FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
- Is CPRS certification necessary?
- CPRS certification is only required if you are working for an organization which is billing Medicaid for your peer support services. Some organizations hire peer support specialists who do not have certification. However, certification demonstrates your commitment to this field of work, and the training process teaches valuable practical skills peer specialists use every day.
- Where can I learn more about becoming a CPRS in Virginia?
- See the websites of the Virginia Certification Board and the Office of Recovery Services.
- How can I find a CPRS Facilitator near me?
- See the Virginia Certification Board’s updated list linked here.
- How can I find an upcoming CPRS training?
- See the VCB’s list of approved trainings linked here.